Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 20:46:52 +1000
From: Michael Samuel <mik@...net.net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenCL PBKDFv2 Kernel With Python

Hi Marcus,

On 4 July 2013 20:34, marcus.desto <marcus.desto@...pl> wrote:

> __kernel void pbkdf2_init(__global const pbkdf2_password *inbuffer,
>                           __constant pbkdf2_salt *salt,
>                           __global pbkdf2_state *state)
>
> Does anyone of you has any idea, how I can access inbuffer of type pbkdf2_password from pyopencl?

If you have a look in opencl_pbkdf2_hmac_sha1.h you'll see the 3
structs.  You'll probably need to do struct.pack() to create one of
each of those structures.

So for example, I'd construct it with something like this:

password_host_buffer = "".join([ struct.pack("=I65s", len(plaintext),
plaintext) for plaintext in plaintexts ])
password_dev_buffer = cl.Buffer(ctx, mf.READ_ONLY | mf.COPY_HOST_PTR,
hostbuf=password_host_buffer)

Regards,
  Michael