Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 01:03:55 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Hello,

After make succeeded, I was getting errors when executing ./john -test
-format=bcrypt-parallella. First this one: "Program must be invoked with
superuser privilege (sudo).", and when using sudo: "./john: error while
such file or directory".
Lukas suggested creating parallella_john.sh file in run directory and run
it using that file.

parallella_john.sh:
#!/bin/bash
set -e

ESDK=${EPIPHANY_HOME}
ELIBS=${ESDK}/tools/host/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
EHDF=${EPIPHANY_HDF}

sudo -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${ELIBS} EPIPHANY_HDF=${EHDF} ./john $1 $2

This works, although test fails because of bug in my code. Is there another
way to make this work without using separate file, environment variables
and sudo? I guess this has to be used because there is no driver for
Parallella?
I know that HDF path can be passed as argument to e_init() but I don't
think that's good idea.

Best regards,

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped