Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 16:46:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new dev box wishes (was: Contest)

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 02:32:09PM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> 2013/6/26 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> > Like I mentioned, I am not aware of a way to adjust the clocks on NVIDIA
> > cards from Linux.  (This is easy with AMD cards.)
>
> nvclock?

I wasn't aware of it.  I've just tried it, and it fails to recognize
bull's GTX 570:

root@...l:~# nvclock -i
It seems your card isn't officialy supported in NVClock yet.
The reason can be that your card is too new.
If you want to try it anyhow [DANGEROUS], use the option -f to force the setting(s).
NVClock will then assume your card is a 'normal', it might be dangerous on other cards.
Also please email the author the pci_id of the card for further investigation.
[Get that value using the -i option].

root@...l:~# nvclock -f -i
-- General info --
Card:           Unknown Nvidia card
Architecture:   GC8 A1
PCI id:         0x0
GPU clock:      -2147483.750 MHz
Bustype:        PCI

-- Memory info --
Amount:         0 MB
Type:           128 bit SDR
Clock:          -2147483.750 MHz

I guess it won't work for Titan either.

Apparently, nvclock hasn't been updated since 2009.

Alexander