Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:49:10 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: scrypt

Hello,

I have done a fork from the magnum repo (
https://github.com/LordRafa/JohnTheRipper). Also I checked the
django-scrypt implementation in the host CPU and it gets an score of 1.1
then 0.7 for the ref implementation looks normal.

Alexander, I have read the log that you send me. I have checked the miner
that epixoip told you, cgminer, but looks like doesn't have CPU support,
for CPU support there another one called "cpuminer". Also I saw that there
a lot of different cryptocurrencys based on scrypt but for now I think that
it's better focus in one. I still needing a road map to start to work.

Best regards,
Rafa.

2013/6/26 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>

> On 25 Jun, 2013, at 14:00 , Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <
> lord.rafa@...il.com> wrote:
> > I'm working on my own git repo(https://github.com/LordRafa/jonh1.8.0),
> should I move to another one?
>
> That tree seems to be based on a 1.8.0 core tarball.
>
> Working in your own repo is probably the best. However, in my opinion you
> should do a fork of the "master" branch of
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper (which is a Git copy of
> Solar's core CVS and currently almost the same as a core 1.8.0 tarball) or
> even the "bleeding-jumbo" branch - and then do your stuff from that base.
> This will help a lot if/when merging some or all of your changes to the
> Jumbo tree. For example, using your current tree "git blame" will claim
> that 100% of all files are written by you and all history is lost.
>
> I am not 100% sure of your plans and goals so you should probably wait for
> Solar to comment on this before you take any action.
>
> magnum

Content of type "text/html" skipped