Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 21:19:11 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Mask mode for GPU

Hello ,

I read about the mask mode from here:
http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack

The mask mode explained above is I guess slightly different from what we
need for GPU. Alexander mentioned before we need to take into account
the keys generated on cpu. Then use the mask to multiply the keys in GPU.

To implement mask mode what are the parameters that we need to take from
user? e.g keyspace size, mask etc ?

How do we apply the mask on the keyspace ? For example: when I get a key
say 'abcdefgh'(generated on cpu)  and a mask say '?d?d' at what position
in the key are we supposed to apply the mask ? Do we append the mask or
replace the charters at those positions ?

Please discuss these issues.

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]