Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 21:12:13 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: limits within mscash2

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM, <jfoug@....net> wrote:

> I have also changed the opencl mscash2 to handle passwords up to 125
> bytes.  I have not yet made changes to opencl to also address longer user
> names (but we should).  NOTE, the password handling in the openCL format
> was broken prior to this change.  It claimed to be able to handle 31 byte
> passwords, but any passwords over 27 bytes would have been corrupted,
> possibly corrupting more hashes than just the hash for the overlong
> password.  The new changes dropped the inline md4 function, and simply uses
> oSSL's CTX interface, which can properly handle data past 1 buffer (1
> buffer maxes out at 55 bytes of data).  The speed was at least as good, and
> it may have even gone up 600/s or so (tested on bull)

Thank you.  However I'm  getting hash fails on 7970(bull as well as mine)
and 570 :

Device 1: Tahiti (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series)
Optimal Work Group Size:256
Kernel Execution Speed (Higher is better):1.563565
Optimal Global Work Size:253952
Benchmarking: mscash2-opencl, M$ Cache Hash 2 (DCC2) PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA-1
[OpenCL]... FAILED (get_hash[0](1))

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped