Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 06:56:24 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha3-opencl

Daniel, Lukas -

On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 03:48:46AM +0200, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> 2013/6/6 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> > I notice you left this running process on bull and logged out:
> >
> > daniel   28447 90.3  0.6 21149860 51400 ?      Rl   03:46 103:13 ../run/john -test --format=raw-keccak256-opencl-test
> >
> > It has consumed 100 minutes of CPU time (eating up one CPU core) and it
> > is doing something on the NVIDIA GPU (although the GPU load is almost
> > non-existent).  Is this intentional?  I guess not.  OK to kill it to let
> > others reliably benchmark stuff?
>
> Kill it. ~100minutes ago I got an email from Daniel:
> "Tomorrow I'll continue and try to find out where the error is."
> AFAIK code is not working yet and this process cannot be anything important.

It is wrong that the two of you went with private e-mail.  While private
e-mail is appropriate for some matters, please use it sparingly.  Please
keep most discussions on john-dev.

As to the 100-minute john process, I've killed it and I've also rebooted
bull because there was an issue with status reporting for the AMD GPU
(somehow it was stuck at "91% load", even though it was cool).

Alexander