Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 11:00:32 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 1.8 jumbo1 (steps needed)

I'm not aware of any left. If there is, they should be added to https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues so we don't lose them.

> Finally, I guess the format renames are in an inconsistent state - some
> have been adjusted similarly to core's, but not all have.

I tried to get some input (from you and/or others) in http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2013/05/21/15 but did not get any answer except for unrelated ideas (that has value but adds even more work).

Meanwhile, Dhiru adds new formats with the old scheme and still adds DEFAULT_ALIGN instead of trying to get rid of them. Not very encouraging.

magnum