Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 06:26:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <>
Subject: accessing FPGA PL from Linux on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Katja, Rafael, Stephen -

Here are recent blog posts by @jangray on "How to Design and Access a
Memory-Mapped Device in Programmable Logic from Linaro Ubuntu Linux on
Xilinx Zynq on the ZedBoard, Without Writing a Device Driver":

This could be an alternative to the current way to access Epiphany via
/dev/mem, and we probably have a similar choice between these two
approaches for accessing our own crypto cores in the FPGA.  Unfortunately,
this UIO approach requires rebuilding the kernel with:

which are not enabled for the existing Xilinx/ADI kernel build.  We may
look into building the same functionality as modules, though - if we're
able to configure our kernel source tree in exactly the same way as the
original was.