Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:01:29 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Unify internal form of mscash2 hashes?

On 05/28/2013 05:40 PM, magnum wrote:
> On 28 May, 2013, at 10:18 , Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 12:51 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sayantan, will you have a look at this please? I think you merely need to take prepare() as-is from the CPU format.
>>
>> Cool, no problem.
>>
>>> You can get rid of some whitespace noise while at it ;-)
>>
>> Do you mean unstable because I already did the cleanup in bleeding. I also got rid of many unnecessary global variables and used claudio's new interfaces more efficiently.
>
> Still trailing whitespace in a number of places. I don't care too much but git nags about it too anytime you touch the file without dropping them.

You might want to experiment with a pre-commit hook that automatically
removes trailing whitespace or spaces before tabs in a *non-public*
repo, and if it turns out to work without unwanted side effects, enable
that pre-comkmit hook in the public repo.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/591923/make-git-automatically-remove-trailing-whitespace-before-committing

https://gist.github.com/nomadcoder/663933

We might consider a separate whitespace-fix commit before bleeding
becomes the next unstable (and/or for unstable before it is released as
a next jumbo).

This should be scheduled so that we don't have too many conflicting
changes caused by people doing serious work instead of just "cosmetic"
fixes.

Frank