Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:50:41 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cmp_all on gpu for descrypt-opencl

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com> wrote:

> Focusing on the main loop  it seems like we should return
> keys_count(updated keys count if generating passwords) on finding a match
> else we should return 0, right ? Also I didn't understand the bitmap stuff
> above.
> I saw loader.h for bitmap but it is still not clear.

I think the salt is always null during benchmark, why ? As a result I can't
get the loaded hashes from loader directly. This is not the main problem as
I can get the binaries to be loaded directly from test[]  But during
benchmark returning anything other than *count gives FAILED(crypt all).
Also cmp_all() is called whether or not we are doing it inside the
crypt_all().  How do we bench the cmp_all integrated with crypt_all() ?

Regards,
Sayantan

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]