Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 12:48:50 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: password generation on GPU

Hi Myrice,Solar,

I want to start working on the mask-mode stuff now. But I'm not sure where
and how to begin.

I tried the mask-mode with cpu raw-md5 :
e.g  ./john -mask='?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d' -fo=raw-md5 psw

In this implementation of mask-mode the key is generated outside the
format.  However in the PG-test branch we were generating the keys inside
the format using GPU . So how do I start implementing the mask mode? Should
we generate the keys globally outside the format using a GPU ?

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped