Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 15:00:57 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux-ppc32-altivec build failure

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 03:44:48AM -0700, Jeremi Gosney wrote:
> The issue has been previously[0] reported[1] and a patch is
> available[2], but it seems the fix has yet to make its way into the
> tree. Raising the issue again in hopes someone can commit it :) This
> issue affects both core and jumbo.
>
> [0] http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2012/09/10/17
> [1] http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2012/12/10/4
> [2] http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2012/12/10/5

This is on my to-do, but I wanted to test any fix on both Linux/PPC and
Mac/PPC at once, which I did not have an occasion for so far.  I was
going to apply for a GCC Compile Farm account (they have a large
Linux/PPC box, also good for testing OpenMP scalability), but never got
around to...

magnum, can you verify that the posted fix doesn't break things on Mac?
... Oh, I think you're with OS X 10.8, which no longer has Rosetta.
I'll test on my 10.5.8 with Rosetta, then.

Alexander