Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:40:59 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Dynamic enhancements

I have added to dyna, and changed things.

I redid all of the length items.  I was keeping hash type and input length. I now only keep input length. These were global MGF_ flags, however, other than in dyna_preloads, they were NOT being used, and i am pretty sure that no users were using these flags.  Thus, they have been merged down to just hash lengths, and all compuations needed to make things work, are based upon these single lengths.  So, there is a 20, 24, 28, 32, 40, 48 and 64 byte input lengths.  16 bytes is 'default' which would be MD5/MD4 (and now RIPEMD128)

I also added all lengths of RIPEMD (not the 'original' RIPEMD).  RIPEMD128, RIPEMD160, RIPEMD256 and RIPEMD320.

Also updated the documentation, and pass_gen.pl.  The only place I could find the 128, 256 and 320 byte RIPEMD was in the CryptX-0.008 'kit'.  It is Crypt::Digest::RIPEMD*.   It was pretty hard to install in cygwin, but I was able to do it by hand.  All new self-test strings were generated with pass_gen.pl  I also compared 'simple' hashing, i.e. RIPEMDsize($p) with perl and against insidepro's hash generator.  They all compare just fine.

The patch is rather large (150k+), so I will not post it on the email list. It will simply be put into the git tree.

Jim.