Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 20:57:25 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD GCN ISA development

Hi Lukas,

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>wrote:

> Unfortunatelly no, and it seems that we won't be able to do that
> without writing our own assembler.
> If we decide to do so reading what realhel wrote on AMD forum should
> be obligatory:
> http://devgurus.amd.com/people/realhet/content
> and this post might be a good motivation to follow this idea:
> http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1288191#1288191

Why ? It is easy to convert the mnemonics to bytecode. Although there is
ton of other stuff(most likely memory addresses and constant buffer address
etc) besides the instructions but if we don't mess with the data portion ,
then it should be possible to modify the isa alone in binary.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped