Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 10:12:24 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha256 intrinsics

On 2 May, 2013, at 7:31 , <jfoug@....net> wrote:
> The SHA256 (and SHA224) have been put into intrinsics.c, for 'general' usage.
>
> I have made modifications to the raw-sha224 and raw-sha256 formats, to use this new code (if built SSE2 or greater).
>
> Here are the other formats I can see right off.  The hmac's should be easy to do.  The crypt, not so easy, but doable.
>
> (DONE) rawSHA256_fmt_plug.c
> (DONE) rawSHA224_fmt_plug.c
> hmacSHA224_fmt_plug.c
> hmacSHA256_fmt_plug.c
> cryptsha256_fmt_plug.c
> dynamic.
>
> pbkdf2_hmac_sha256.h
>
> What other formats use the 32 bit SSE2 crypts?

Just grepping, these look like candidates:
SybaseASE_fmt_plug.c
clipperz_srp
cloudkeychain
formspring_fmt_plug.c
pbkdf2_hmac_sha256.h:
	django
	lastpass
	lastpass-sniffed
aix (should use pbkdf2_hmac_sha256.h for a starter)
pdf
pwsafe

Probably more, and more to come.

Also, we have formats that use the same pbkdf2-sha1 as WPAPSK but only use scalar code:

pbkdf2_hmac_sha1.h:
	agilekeychain_fmt_plug.c
	dmg_fmt_plug.c
	encfs_fmt_plug.c
	keychain_fmt_plug.c
	krb5pa-sha1_fmt_plug.c
	odf_fmt_plug.c
	pbkdf2_hmac_sha1.h
	strip_fmt_plug.c
	sxc_fmt_plug.c
	zip_fmt.c
aix (should use pbkdf2_hmac_sha1.h regardless of SSE2)

And just iterated SHA-1:
office formats

magnum