Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 05:17:01 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: revised incremental mode and charset files

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 03:00:49AM +0200, magnum wrote:
> After another round of thoughts, and considering I agree. 15 is enough. The important thing is that params.h defaults to larger so the supplied files are not deemed unusable as soon as you create your own ones.

Yes.  My intent is to have the supplied files be compatible with
CHARSET_LENGTH of 24, but some of them will actually contain data for
lower lengths only (with 15 being the limit for ascii.chr).

> As for the number of files supplied, I don't care about core so we can have Jumbo include utf8.chr and ansi.chr while core just has all.chr (or ascii.chr). I see no problem with that.

BTW, while I like the ascii and utf8 names, I don't like ansi.  Can you
come up with a better name, which will make it more obvious what this
file is?

Alexander