Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 15:11:29 +0200
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GPU support under Windows

Hello!

Unfortunately I had trouble installing wifi drivers for Ubuntu (then I had
a libssl-dev conflict when trying to build john) and I'm not at home until
tomorrow, so I can't report on the Linux results yet.

I did some more performance tests with the -te flag this time. Here are
some results showing OpenCL (HD 7670M) against my CPU (i5-3210M)

OpenCL's results
    md5crypt: 40046 c/s
    wpapsk: 4050 c/s
    phpass: 254015 c/s
    raw-md5: 32750K c/s
    raw-sha1: 18881K c/s

CPU's results:
    md5crypt: 20941 c/s
    wpapsk: 1070 c/s
    phpass: 11239 c/s
    raw-md5: 19254K c/s
    raw-sha1: 14691K c/s

I am interested in getting OpenCL working on cygwin.  I am interested in
>> exactly what was required to get OpenCL installed, and buildable in the
>> cygwin environment overall, even before the JtR target was added.

I didn't really have to do anything special. The AMD APP SDK was installed
previously and the correct enviromental variables were set, but I didn't do
anything specific to Cygwin. For example this command compiles AMD's
HelloWorld sample:

 g++ -I"$AMDAPPSDKROOT/include" -L"$AMDAPPSDKROOT/lib/x86" HelloWorld.cpp
-lOpenCL -o HelloWorld.exe

I'll report back when I have Linux results.

Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped