Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 14:43:57 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: src/ licensing

On 04/19/2013 02:55 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> john-1.7.9-jumbo-7/src:
> config.c                        GPLv2; Solar, magnum; code; additions in jumbo for "include" directive support and printing of section names
> config.h                        GPLv2; Solar, magnum; code; additions in jumbo for "include" directive support and printing of section names

I also added some functionality to config.[ch], e.g.
cfg_print_section_params() and cfg_print_section_list_lines(), to
support some of the new --list= options which I thought would be helpful
for Aleksey's distributed cracking tool.

> john.c                          GPLv2; Solar, magnum, JimF, others?; code

git blame -M -C -C -w john.c lists these numbers of lines per author:
    490 magnum
    427 Solar
    235 Frank Dittrich
    130 JimF
     53 Lukas Odzioba
     34 Dhiru Kholia
     13 Samuele
      8 Myrice
      4 Tavis Ormandy
      4 Sayantan Datta
      2 Claudio André

Many of these changes (among them almost all my changes, e.g., support
for various --list= options) have been moved to other files after jumbo-7.

> mkv.c                           cut-down BSD; bartavelle; code; was the MPI support possibly added by magnum? the file doesn't specify that

I added --markov=MODE support and a few other enhancements.

I consider all my other changes in src/ to be too trivial for any copyright.

I agree to switch to a more relaxed license, for all the files I changed
in src.

Frank