Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 03:29:47 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: src/ licensing

On 19 Apr, 2013, at 2:55 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> Fellow JtR developers -
>
> As promised, here's the portion of john-1.7.9-jumbo-7-licensing.txt
> pertaining to src/ files.  I suggest that you search it for the words
> unclear, issue, your first name, your nickname, and for question marks -
> and try to clarify in your replies.  Thanks!

Would this "fall-back license" addition make any sense?

$ cat ../doc/LICENSE.magnum
Anything in this source tree that can be regarded as posted, contributed,
committed or otherwise submitted in any way by magnum is Copyright (submission
date) magnum and it is hereby released to the general public under the
following terms: Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or
without modification, are permitted. No attribution is necessary. You can make
billions of dollars from my code and I will not give a damn. I would be fairly
surprised though.

This statement was written in April 2013 but my intention is that it will be
in effect for any future posts, contributions, commits or submissions made in
other ways.

magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>