Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 01:21:01 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: All *2john programs should use basename of filename
 when put as ?login? field

2013/3/18 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
> On 18 Mar, 2013, at 0:48 , Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com> wrote:
>> Now I am not really sure about misc.c.
>> We might need get_basename() in .c and .cpp files.
>> misc.c would be ok for C files but compiling it for C and CPP it makes a mess.
>> Now we have only 2cpp files I could live with copies of this function there.
>
> I think we can wrap all of misc.h as in the enclosed patch, and everything will be sweet. Is that not the case?

This could help a bit but still we will have this type of problems:
1) some other stuff is needed to compile file, but here we could just
add -D_JOHN_MISC_NO_LOG to Makefile
2) C-strings vs CPP strings

misc.c: In function ‘void error()’:
misc.c:31:34: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
misc.c: In function ‘char* get_basename(char*, char**, int)’:
misc.c:198:10: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
/tmp/ccQC9MZ0.o: In function `error()':
misc.c:(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `log_event(char*, ...)'
misc.c:(.text+0x14): undefined reference to `log_done()'

Currently I am working on C files, I just made this changes it
compiles cleanly but I need to get some test data.
If you guys have something on your hdd that you used to test utils
please post it.

Lukas

Download attachment "get_basename-r0.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (5137 bytes)