Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:45:14 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gpg2john (was: Work needed before Jumbo-8)

On 13 Mar, 2013, at 1:23 , Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com> wrote:

> 2013/3/12 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
>> Thanks! It works fine with my multiple keys file too. I'll commit this and I think it is barely Good Enough[tm] for Jumbo 8 now, but some things can be improved:
>>
>> 1. Supplying a bad file (not a key file) results in no output at all.
>> 2. Supplying a public key file, same lack of output.
>> 3. The full path is used for the login field.
>>
>> For 1 and 2, we might want to add some warning or other output to stderr. For 3 we should definitely use the basename and ideally also strip the .gpg or .pgp extension (are .pgp files supported at all?).
>
> 1 and 2 should be easy I'll take care of it. For 3 I guess that we
> have somewhere code that does it.

basename(3) varies with platform. I think this is portable:

	#include <libgen.h>
	#include <string.h>

	char *login;
	int len;

	login = basename(strdup(filename));
	if (!login || !*login)
		strcpy(login, filename);
	len = strlen(login) - 4;
	if (strcmp(&login[len], ".gpg" ||
	    strcmp(&login[len], ".pgp")
		login[len] = 0;

> What commands do you use to extract keys?
> I used that:
> gpg --export-secret-keys --armor --output keys.asc

I ran it directly on binary key file, this is also supported:

../run/gpg2john ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg

magnum