Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:06:05 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: netntlm bitsliced conversion

On 15 Feb, 2013, at 14:23 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> OTOH you could have a look at binary() in the "exploit" formats. That's where we brute-force the 2^16 possible block 3 DES keys from the NT hash. Maybe that could be done with BS? It would speed up loading a lot, but not actual cracking.

Here's that loop:

for (i = 0; i < 0x100; i++)
for (j = 0; j < 0x100; j++) {
    key[0] = i; key[1] = j;
    setup_des_key(key, &ks);
    DES_ecb_encrypt(challenge, &b3cmp, &ks, DES_ENCRYPT);
    if (!memcmp(&binary[2 + 8 * 2], &b3cmp, 8)) {
        binary[0] = i; binary[1] = j;
        goto out;
    }
}

With BS I suppose we could do this many at a time.

magnum