Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:18:10 -0500
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: strnlen function in formats.c

Testing the latest Jumbo with on iMac G5 running MacOS 10.5 I get an error regarding the strnlen function.  Apparently it does not exist on 10.5.

Undefined symbols:
  "_strnlen", referenced from:
      _fmt_self_test in formats.o
      _fmt_self_test in formats.o
ld: symbol(s) not found

I corrected this by adding || (__APPLE__) to the if defined statement for strnlen.  Probably only needs to be done for 10.5 and below, but I don't have 10.6 available to test it.  The strnlen function is nonexistent or broken is some UNIX flavors, so maybe you want to think about making this a permanent change.

Regards,
Erik