Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 23:05:15 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: formats failing test on big-endian

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 07:55:05PM +0100, magnum wrote:
> I could not use Aurelien's images using Mint 13 (Ubuntu 12.10), not sure why. One paniced while booting kernel and the other hung in boot loader already.

Maybe you were trying to give more than 256 MB of RAM to the VMs?  This
is known to fail (usually during kernel startup).  Try "-m 256" or less.

I think this problem is avoided in newer QEMU or/and guest kernels, but
for the images I tried the problem was present.  It affects some archs
only; definitely not x86 and x86-64, but I saw it with the ARM and SPARC
images.

Alexander