Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:57:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Avoiding AMD ASIC hangs

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 10:49:38PM -0800, Brian Wallace wrote:
> Solar requested that I implement a split kernel to pwsafe-opencl to avoid
> AMD ASIC hangs.  Specifically, it was requested I ask magnum about the
> right way to go about this.  I won't be able to implement this right away,
> but I should be able to in the coming week.  How should I go about this?

As I wrote in the original thread on pwsafe, before I saw your posting above:

Brian - basically, individual kernel invocations should be taking no
more than 200ms, preferably much less.  This means that with a large
GWS, you need to be computing only a fraction of the 2048 iterations per
kernel invocation.  Please store intermediate results in global memory.

Some examples:

fgrep HASH_LOOPS opencl_*.c opencl/*

Alexander