Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:19:09 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: dmg2john

On 28 Jan, 2013, at 22:09 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> Dhiru, Milen -
>
> dmg2john is in bad shape now.  Here are some issues:

In addition, I would very much prefer having it encode the humongous blobs in base64, taking just a quarter of the space - just like wpapsk. This goes for many non-hash formats, I really think you (Dhiru) should consider changing your templates. I would like to do the same for RAR too but the backward compatibility issues are annoying. It's not too late for DMG!

You should add base64_encode() to base64.[ch] then.

magnum