Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:37:47 +0530
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sshng2john patch

On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/26/2013 01:50 PM, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
>>> Great, please drop that warning and commit it to both branches.
>>

>> Can't we just mute the warning for now?
>

> Is that not what I suggested?

I re-read what you said and it answers my question.

>> Majority of code in sshng2john.py will become unused after this
>> feature is removed. I am a bit nervous pushing such a big change ATM.
>>
> I'm not sure what you mean. Just commit this patch and mute the warning.
> That should be fine.

I meant to say that lot of code in sshng2john.py is no longer useful
(BER decoding, trial decryption, etc). All this code can be removed at
some future point.

For now, I will commit this patch and mute the warning as you suggested. Thanks!

--
Dhiru