Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 23:14:55 -0500
From: Brian Wallace <nightstrike9809@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Proposed optimizations to pwsafe

Hey, this is bwall.

I got some time before I thought I would have any, and dug around the
source to get an idea of how data flows in JtR.  I've done a preliminary
implementation of the optimization in my forked repository, with some gains.

Old:
./john --test=15 --format=pwsafe
Benchmarking: Password Safe SHA-256 [32/64]... (6xOMP) DONE
Raw:    7027 c/s real, 1213 c/s virtual

New:
./john --test=15 --format=pwsafe
Benchmarking: Password Safe SHA-256 [32/64 OpenSSL]... (6xOMP) DONE
Raw:    8268 c/s real, 1395 c/s virtual

My fork: https://github.com/bwall/JohnTheRipper/

Looking at the cuda version, the optimizations seems to already be applied
but I haven't checked the opencl version yet.

Thanks,
bwall

Content of type "text/html" skipped