Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:22:12 +0100
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CUDA multigpu first draft for pwsafe

I am posting this mostly as an archive.
Thanks to one of john users  I got access to GTX 690. This is dual gpu
card and currently it uses only one of it, which is not good at all.

I attached first draft of multigpu code for pwsafe format, we may not
commit that now, but it would be great to have it in the next official
jumbo.
For identical gpus code scales very well:
before:
Raw:    96376 c/s real, 97090 c/s virtual
after:
Raw:    192752 c/s real, 192752 c/s virtual

I added "GPUS" macro to cuda_pwsafe.h, so we must set it before
compilation but, in the final version code will be able to use -dev
arguments which are now omitted.
Known problems:
-code will scale well only if gpus are identical
-it requires at least cuda 4.0 (this is not checked now)
-it wasn't heavily tested at all

Good news is that almost all code changes were done in .cu file.
I'll try create proper patches for other formats.

Lukas

Download attachment "cuda_pwsafemultigpu.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (6042 bytes)