Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:46:30 -0200
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SIGALRM and new 'done' method

I had problems using both. Even the third option below fails (seems it
can works sometimes, but not always).

- common-opencl.c
void opencl_process_event(void)
{
     static int bench_cludge = 0;

     /* bench_running may be reset while we still have the benchmark
        timer active, leading to SIGALRM. Only seen with !OS_TIMER. */
     bench_cludge |= bench_running;

     if (!bench_cludge) {
#if !OS_TIMER
         sig_timer_emu_tick();
#endif
         if (event_pending) {

- bench.c
static void bench_handle_timer(int signum)
{
     bench_running = 0;
#ifndef SA_RESTART
     signal(SIGALRM, bench_handle_timer);