Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:48:29 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Done results and problems (was: SIGALRM and new 'done' method)

On 12 Jan, 2013, at 16:32 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 11:12:41PM -0200, Claudio Andr? wrote:
>> - On bull everything is ok on 7970 (see not tested below). New driver
>> required for GTX 570.
>
> What do you mean by "New driver required for GTX 570"?  Just that we're
> not running the latest currently?  Yes, this is so.  Or do you mean that
> anything fails test currently, because the driver is not the latest?  If
> so, please provide more detail.
>
> I think us not running the latest driver is no reason to skip testing on
> NVIDIA.

We don't need the absolute latest but I think 295.49 is a bit dated. We currently have problems with gpg and wpapsk. Both give the exact same build error:

"Build log: ptxas application ptx input, line 11; error   : Module-scoped variables in .local state space are not allowed with ABI
ptxas fatal   : Ptx assembly aborted due to errors"

This is not seen on nvidias with later drivers. Atom's requirement for oclHashcat is 304.51 or newer, I think this tells us something. For nvidias (as opposed to AMD) just using latest stable is normally a good choice.

All other formats work fine on Bull (after a patch I'll soon commit for krb5pa-sha1).

magnum