Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 15:25:18 +0000
From: shane Shane <shane@...twareontheside.info>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: npdf2john

Thanks :) Might be a good idea to add something like

# Written in 2013 by Shane Quigley < shane at softwareontheside.info >

At the top of the file in case a bug occurs or someone needs helps figuring
out how it works when the PDF 1.8 spec is released.

Regards,

Shane

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:51 PM, shane Shane
> <shane@...twareontheside.info> wrote:
> > I finished the port of npdf2john to python:
> > https://github.com/ShaneQful/npdf2john_ruby . I should probably rename
> the
> > repo ;) . It's a little shorter than the ruby one but not as nice on the
> > eyes because pythons regexs have to be compiled & python doesn't have the
> > equivalent of a to_s(16) method. Once I clean it up a little more should
> > send a pull request to magnum & if so which language do I submit?(I
> assume
> > python).
>
> Great job! I have integrated your npdf2johh.py in JtR (and renamed it
> to pdf2john.py). You can now open pull requests against JohnTheRipper
> repository.
>
> > Also if I write test cases are there anywhere to send them too?
>
> JimF, any comments? Maybe we can integrate them in the test-suite?
>
> --
> Dhiru

Content of type "text/html" skipped