Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 02:02:08 -0800
From: Myrice Li <qqlddg@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Mask mode (was Password Generation on GPU)

Solar,

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 1:29 AM, Myrice Li <qqlddg@...il.com> wrote:

> Solar,
>
> What I want to do is trying to add mask mode from now on. But I am still
> looking at adding options to JtR. I may only spend weekend for this. I will
> let you know when I finished the first version.

Here is the very initial implementation for mask mode.

 I have only tested with raw-md5 format. Currently the mask mode is very
simple. It can do crack with following masks:
?l : lower case (a-z)
?u: upper case (A-Z)
?d: digits (0-9)

It will generate keys from right to left. For example:

?d?d?d?d will generate as follows:
0000
0001
0002
0010
0011
..
9999

You also can insert constant character to it:
pass?dword will be
pass0word
pass1word
pass9word

To use it:
./john --mask="p?lss?d?u" -fo:raw-md5 md5.txt

I have attached the patch. As usual, it also in my github repository:
https://github.com/qqldd/myrice-JtR (mask-mode branch, it should be the
default branch)

The one without noprint will print every key it generates for debug.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "maskmode_patch.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (6804 bytes)

Download attachment "maskmode_noprint_patch.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (6765 bytes)