Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 17:53:59 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Trying to build john without *_fmt_plug.c

On 01/05/2013 05:28 PM, jfoug@....net wrote:

> ---- magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>> BTW you could remove non-format *_plug.c as well:
>
> gost_plug.c is NOT a plug.  It should never have been done that way. It should be renamed gost.c and put gost.o into Makefile.

Yes. gost_fmt_plug.c is used at least by gost_fmt_plug.c and by
dynamic_fmt.c.

uaf_encode_plug.c is needed for uaf2john.

The other *_plug can only be removed if the *_fmt_plug.c files which
need them are removed as well, so I wouldn't encourage users to remove
these.

blake2b-ref_plug.c currently is only needed by rawBLAKE2_512_fmt_plug.c.
KRB4_std_plug.c is needed by KRB4_fmt_plug.c.
KRB5_std_plug.c is needed by KRB5_fmt_plug.c.

Frank