Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 19:34:39 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
 What is a digit?)

On 01/04/2013 06:52 PM, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2013 at 06:37:18PM +0100, magnum wrote:
>> [these mails will look terrible in Openwall's list archive due to not supporting UTF-8 - use Gmane instead]
>
> Actually, Openwall's list archive uses UTF-8 now, which is precisely why
> these messages look terrible there.  Both Frank's message and yours are
> actually in iso-8859-1, not UTF-8.

Sorry for that. I changed my MUA's default encoding to utf-8 now.

As a workaround, change the encoding to ISO-8859-1 in your browser when
viewing http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2013/01/04/23 or
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2013/01/04/25 or other iso-8859-1
messages containing non-ASCII characters.

Frank