Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 11:30:47 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: npdf2john

On 12/31/2012 09:17 PM, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 1:20 AM, shane Shane
> <shane@...twareontheside.info> wrote:
>> I completed a new version of npdf2john in ruby:
>>
>> https://github.com/ShaneQful/npdf2john_ruby
>>
>> It's a lot smaller about 165 lines of code and easier to understand than
>> original perl. I'll port it to python later in the week
>
> Awesome! We could use both Ruby and Python versions. Solar will still
> demand a Perl or C version ;)

Yes. For easier distribution, a reduced list of dependencies is
preferred. Not everybody is using Linux, and not everybody wants to
install support for every programming language in the world.

What about implementing some tools in piet
(http://www.dangermouse.net/esoteric/piet.html) or some other esoteric
programming language like Whitespace? Debugging these could be fun;)

Frank