Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 19:50:58 +0000
From: shane Shane <shane@...twareontheside.info>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: npdf2john

Hey

I completed a new version of npdf2john in ruby:

https://github.com/ShaneQful/npdf2john_ruby

It's a lot smaller about 165 lines of code and easier to understand than
original perl. I'll port it
to python later in the week but there was one part of the output which I
didn't understand and was
wondering if anyone could shed light on it.

"$npdf$4*4*128*-1028*1*16*e03460febe17a04 ....."

That 1 is the same for every pdf I have passed through the original tool &
the perl code is a bit
beyond me so I anyone knows and could let me know so I can finish it and
start the port to python.

Also if there's anything else to do with document cracking that you want me
to do just let me know :)

Regards,

Shane

Content of type "text/html" skipped