Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:44:49 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: New self-test for maximum length

On 29 Dec, 2012, at 19:46 , magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
> On 29 Dec, 2012, at 18:09 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 10:23 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:
>>> I will start looking into raw-md4 and sapB (because they might be my fault). Any other volunteers please post here before starting to debug a format, so we avoid double work.
>>
>> I am picking IKE, RAdmin and TrueCrypt.
>

> Sorry, I missed that and fixed Truecrypt. I also bumped max length to 64 because that is the IRL limit.

All CUDA formats are OK. Some OpenCL formats have problems:

Benchmarking: Netscape LDAP salted SHA-1 [OpenCL (inefficient, development use mostly)]... FAILED (max. length in index 0: wrote 32, got 16777223 back)
Benchmarking: Raw MD4 [OpenCL (inefficient, development use only)]... Segmentation fault
Benchmarking: Raw MD5 [OpenCL (inefficient, development use only)]... Segmentation fault
Benchmarking: Raw SHA-1 [OpenCL (inefficient, development use only)]... Segmentation fault
Benchmarking: MySQL 4.1 double-SHA-1 [OpenCL (inefficient, development use only)]... FAILED (max. length in index 0: wrote 64, got 134217735 back)
Benchmarking: sha256crypt (rounds=5000) [OpenCL]... FAILED (get_hash[2](0))
ntlmv2-opencl segfaults
krb5pa-sha1-opencl segfaults
Benchmarking: RAR3 SHA-1 AES (4 characters) [OpenCL]... FAILED (max. length in index 0: wrote 16, got 128 back)

Most seem to be my bad :-/  I'll look into them. Also, I'll change the self-test to avoid segfault. I'll use strnlen() and just say "got longer back" if longer than expected.

magnum