Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:35:39 +0100
From: magnum <>
Subject: Re: Response during OpenCL sessions

On 19 Dec, 2012, at 2:10 , magnum <> wrote:
> On 19 Dec, 2012, at 1:53 , magnum <> wrote:
>> It seems it actually does not work on Bull, regardless of GPU used. The status is still delayed until crypt_all() has finished, as if the clFinish() was optimised away.
> It doesn't work under Linux on this machine either. Now I'm really confused. Why is this? Maybe clFinish() actually *is* optimised away? Would that not violate the spec?

Some sleep did the trick. I had this #ifdef in my earliest experiments but forgot about it this time. This code works:

  void crypt_all(int count)
  	for (i=0; i<HASH_LOOPS; i++)
+ #if !OS_TIMER
+ 		sig_timer_emu_tick();
+ #endif
+  		clFinish();
+  		if (event_pending)
+  			process_event();

I will apply this to various formats and check for regressions.