Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 04:21:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: minor optimisation in raw-sha1-ng

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:46:48PM +0100, magnum wrote:
> Have you had any look at Atom's findings btw?
>
> https://hashcat.net/p12/
>
> AFAICT it's only applicable for dumb BF *) and naturally only for raw SHA1. This make it a lot less interesting. Nevertheless he did a good job. I haven't been able to find any info on whether it's currently implemented in hashCat or not?

TTYtter> /th zL5
zz0> (x22) <hashcat> Video recording of my talk "Exploiting a SHA-1 weakness in password cracking" from #passwords12 is up on youtube: https://t.co/t2ydZI4n
zz1> <@wgmmmx> @hashcat When new SHA-1 exploiting in oclhashcat-lite ??
zz2> <@hashcat> @wgmmmx Its inside oclHashcat-lite since v0.06 :-)

This does not tell us whether or not it is also included in -plus, though.

Alexander