Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 00:29:18 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Small Bug Report in CUDA Common code

On 13 Dec, 2012, at 6:23 , Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Tom Ritter <tom@...ter.vg> wrote:
>> In the jumbo distribution, if you look at src/cuda_common.h:
>> That second inbuffer should be outbuffer, which is not checked.

That was kinda nasty - how did you find it? Did it hide another problem?

>> I looked around for instructions on submitting bugs, and didn't find any
>> quickly.  If there's a better place, please point me.
>
> You can use https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues?state=open
> to file a bug.

The downside of GitHub Issues vs. this list is that few people are actively following Issues. I do, Solar most probably do not. Do you, Dhiru? I would like all active developers to do it, it's very low volume. Another option is to disable Issues (trying to force bug reports to the mailing lists) but that is probably a bad idea - it would probably make some people not report them at all.

The upside is issues wont be forgotten - it's a tracking system, albeit not with many bells and whistles.

> If you have a patch to fix the problem, you can either send a GitHub
> pull request or submit a patch to this mailing list.

Tom sent a pull request which is now committed. Thanks a lot!

magnum