Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:47:18 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Run-time change of a format's max length

On 12/13/2012 01:15 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> As to plaintext_length, I intend to add a flag that would indicate
> whether truncation at this length occurs in actual use of the target
> systems (that use hashes of this type) or whether it's a limitation of
> the format as implemented in JtR.

Instead of using just a flag, I'd prefer the actual maximum length
supported by any of the target systems or applications using this hash
type, even if we just make use of this maximum length for
--list=format-details...
But what if the target system counts the length in characters, not in
bytes?

Frank