Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:50:48 -0200
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: self-test duration vs. GPU benchmarks

Em 09-12-2012 23:15, magnum escreveu:
> OK, so to be realistic we might be best off keeping it the way it is for one more month. Then we declare unstable-jumbo a strictly bugfix-only branch in January and at that point I'll start merging patches and we'll get to adapt ~200 formats to the new interface B-)
>
> Dhiru, others, what do you say about all this?

This multi-branch seems to hurt only you, Jim and Solar.

To us there is only one branch.
- If i do something 'out of the rules' I can't commit.
- If i commit/submit to the wrong place, your life becames harder since
you have to fix my mistake.

Clarifying your rules is enough to me (and you already did in this thread).
---

Example of something I did and can't submit:
I merged "done" (john-1.7.9.6-done-1.diff) in my tree. So, i changed all
formats to include something like this:

      }, {
          init,
+        fmt_default_done,

In such a case, if my patch is going to be useful in some time in the
future, problem solved. If not, well, c'est la vie.

Claudio