Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 03:52:01 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

On Sun, Dec 09, 2012 at 02:11:56PM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> I checked the tahiti isa of two different hardcoded kernels and to my
> surprise they just differ by a single line.
> v_xor_b32     v68, v38, v68                               // 00000A24:
> 3A888926
> vs
> v_xor_b32     v68, v21, v68                               // 00000A24:
> 3A888915

It is unreasonable to comment on compiled code differences without
having seen your corresponding source code.  Maybe it's such that your
hard-coded constants got optimized out (in both cases) as not affecting
the result.  It is possible that there are some other left-over
differences from the optimizer (such as in register numbers used).

Alexander