Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 14:17:47 +0200
From: Milen Rangelov <gat3way@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

> I checked the tahiti isa of two different hardcoded kernels and to my
> surprise they just differ by a single line.
> v_xor_b32     v68, v38, v68                               // 00000A24:
> 3A888926
> vs
> v_xor_b32     v68, v21, v68                               // 00000A24:
> 3A888915
>
> However when I check the difference between two binaries directly there
> are differences in more than 200 locations.
>
> Sayantan

 Just as a side note, you can probably reduce the count of difference
occurances by compiling the kernel with some additional build-time options.
E.g I use those (to conserve some disk space):

-fno-bin-amdil -fno-bin-llvmir -fno-bin-source

This is effectively stripping the binary of some sections that would not be
needed anyway. Of course, parsing the ELF file to get the text section
would be the best as it will give you exactly the differences you need.

Content of type "text/html" skipped