Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:47:30 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bitslice DES on GPU

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> You don't have to parse them (or you'd have to disassemble and
> "understand" the code too).  You need to search them for known addresses
> (pointer targets).  This is not 100% reliable, but it can get close -
> especially if you make e.g. two builds with different hard-coded salts
> (e.g. with all bits inverted) and then make sure that you happen to
> identify the exact same sets of addresses for both (in addition to the
> address count being right).  In practice, even one build plus the
> address count check will likely be good enough.

I'm guessing you want me to do something like this:

Take the kernel object which contains the specific compiled and linked
kernel.
Take an integer ptr and point it to kernel object.e.g. int *ptr =
&kernel_object.
for(i=0;i<some guess;i++) {
   if(*ptr == some predetermined salt value ) save ptr;
   ptr++;
 }

Regards,
Sayantan