Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 02:02:04 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problems on recent AMD driver

On 22 Nov, 2012, at 1:48 , Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com> wrote:
> Em 21-11-2012 22:16, magnum escreveu:
>> So there are TWO allocations, one for device memory and another for the host pinned memory. The pinned memory is used for mapping while the device memory is used for clEnqueueWriteBuffer. This is obviously a whole lot different from what we've running... but will it fix the problem? Claudio, could you try fc065b5 and see if md5crypt-opencl works better with this code in place? I will hold my breath.
>
> It is working!!!

What a relief! I already tried it on ntlmv2-opencl and it gives a good 50% boost on Bull/7790. I did wonder what was wrong with that performance...

However, I'm currently trying it on office2007-opencl but it makes my OSX segfault. Not sure what I did wrong. Time to get some rest perhaps.

Thanks!
magnum