Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:35:58 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Split kernel for OpenCL WPA-PSK

Lukas, all,

Attached is a patch against Jumbo-7 (or latest git) that implements new split OpenCL kernels for WPA-PSK. Please test, and report results from devices other than Bull's.

For some reason it segfaults on the Tahiti (but not on AMDAPP/CPU). On all other devices I've tried it works fine. If we can get this straight we should implement similar changes to a bunch of other OpenCL formats that use PBKDF2-HMAC-SHA1.

These are massive changes to both host code and kernel. Some 15-20% boost is gained too btw, and device auto-tuning is implemented.

magnum

Download attachment "0001-Split-kernel-for-wpapsk-opencl.patch.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (9094 bytes)