Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 13:06:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: DES bitslice sboxs for GPUs (not AMD)

Hi Alain,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 10:11:35PM -0400, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> I look through john code/wiki and do not see sboxs expresions
> containing only AND, OR, XOR, NOT for use in a GPU without bitselect
> (not AMD). Where can i found they?

Roman's S-box expressions for the "classic" set of gates as above were
not ready by the time of JtR 1.7.8 release, and when they (thousands of
versions) were ready for my processing later I just did not get around
to revisiting this task as it would not affect JtR development yet (we
did not have bitslice DES for GPU yet, and relevant CPUs all had AND-NOT
instructions).  I do intend to get around to this later.

Meanwhile, you may use JtR's current sboxes.c wrapper, which contains:

#undef andn
#define andn 0
#include "nonstd.c"

thereby picking those versions that have fewer AND-NOTs.  This is very
slightly better than Matthew Kwan's sboxes.c.  The real thing (which I
am to process/release as above) will be a whole lot better, indeed.

Alexander